We know that putting on a new roof is a large investment, so it’s important to be sure you have all your ducks in a row before hiring a contractor to do the job. To help, we’ve created a list of 5 things to do before you replace your roof.
Step 1: Read our list
Step 2: Reach out if you have any questions for us
5 THINGS TO DO BEFORE YOU REPLACE YOUR ROOF
1. Get your roof inspected. Do you due diligence to ensure that it actually needs to be replaced, and not just patched. You could save yourself thousands of dollars on this step depending on what you decide. Check out our blog on this topic to learn a bit more:“HOW TO KNOW IF YOUR ROOF NEEDS PATCHED OR REPLACED”
2. Call your insurance company. You’ll want to verify if they will help pay for it or provide some sort of financial rebate, and also if they need you to document anything specific for their records. At Eads Roofing, we provide free insurance assessments to the greater Indianapolis and Kokomo areas. If you’ve been affected by wind, hail or storm damage, call us to schedule your free assessment so that you can provide this to your insurance company.
3. If you’ve now decided to move forward with replacing your roof, it’s time to find the right roofing company. Our blog post below should be very helpful:“HOW TO FIND THE RIGHT ROOFING COMPANY”
4. Next, pick your type of roofing material. If going with asphalt shingles (the most common option), a fun part of this decision is selecting the color to best complement your home. We’ve also written on this topic, for your reference:“HOW TO PICK THE RIGHT COLOR SHINGLE FOR YOUR HOME”
5. Finally, get a contract from your roofing contractor. Some things to ask that it documents includes project end and start dates, product/materials details, price and payment terms, procedure for installation, and warranty information.
This may seem like a daunting task list, but we promise if you find the right roofing contractor they will help you along the way and make the process a smooth one. Like we mentioned earlier, if you have any questions or would like to give us the opportunity to earn your business, please give us a call. We look forward to meeting you!